Friday, March 1, 2013


My youngest son asked me another day : " Is it spring already?"

No, it is not spring. It is, sure, feels like it with all that sprouting by every sunny window in my house.

 

This year I started seedlings for organic yellow and red cherry tomatoes, tomatillos, Armenian and picklbush cucumbers, organic container little leafs cucumbers and Chinese lanterns.
 

 

















I started tomatoes in beginning of February and  the rest of them on  February 20th . I do not know if it is too early. I probably will need to transfer the tomatoes to bigger containers, but that's OK- I have plenty of sunny space.

 




















This year I also ordered Sorrel. I have childhood memories about eating Sorrel soup all summer. I am planning to plant Sorrel this weekend. Just hopping our climate is not too hot for it..

 


I love bulbs and always buy too many of them, considering my small sized backyard. This year was not exception— bought too many. After planting as much as I could ,I planted the rest of bulbs in containers and put them in the garage. They all started growing.
 
Have a wonderful weekend!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment