Monday, March 4, 2013


This weekend my son and my husband were sick. A lot of hot tea with lemon and honey, orange juice and as much sleep as possible were in order.
 
I ended up with a lot of time on my hands. So I got busy with food color dyeing. I ordered yarn awhile ago from Knitpicks. I have done this before with egg coloring kit. On my header you can see picture of my first experiment with dyes.

 
 
 
 




 
                               Yellow,white and specks of moss green

 
Red, green,orange,yellow and some mossy green.
 
 
The first one is dusty rose and pretty purple.
 
 

 
 
 
 
Dusty rose.
 

This time I used liquid food dyes. I got crazy and mixed them in many different combinations. I think my favorites are dusty rose, pretty purple and moss green.

 

I dyed three skeins of Bare Stroll Sport and one skein of Bare Wool of Andes Worsted.
 
AND I still have full box of yarn to play with!!!
(I am out of dyes though.)


I hope you have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you son and husband is feeling better.
    Your yarn is pretty. I really like the yellow one :)

    ReplyDelete