Monday, March 18, 2013


Spring is here!


We are very busy in our tiny backyard. I was planting these:



My husband was doing project on his own (even though if you ask him, he will insist that I made him do it). We decided to demolish our absolutely useless fountain and create vegetable bed/ greenhouse.
Talking about fountain, we never used it since we moved to this house four years ago, so it has to go!


The first stage was to remove the fountain itself. That was problem of its own, since inside this blue structure was concrete! We all helped to remove the stones from inside. After that  my husband was trying to make a hole for drainage of excess water. He tried to drill it - it did not work.

After that he rented in Home Depot this piece of equipment:






I have no idea what is it, but it worked!
 He and my youngest worked on the walls and viola! the first stage was completed!




Dog helped too.  Here he is checking out the progress. 


Hoorays for my boys!!!


Finished.  At least for today.







Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment